This free online course shows how Lean and Six Sigma can help businesses and organizations reduce their environmental impact.
This course is the online version of a classroom course I've been teaching the past couple years. I want to make it available to everyone, since I cannot travel all over the world, and don't want you to have to travel to Portland in order to learn the materials.
In this course, you will learn:
- How organizations have applied these concepts to their organization (videos)
- What is Sustainability and how it relates to finances
- What is Lean, Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma
- How the Lean 7 forms of waste have a negative impact on the environment
- How the Lean "gemba walk" approach can be used to reduce electricity usage
- How Six Sigma projects can be used to reduce electricity usage
- How Lean Six Sigma tools can be modified to incorporate the environment
- Why Lean and Six Sigma will not naturally address environmental impacts
- How to involve your Environment, Safety and Health and Facilities personnel into your improvement efforts
- How Lean Six Sigma can help your environmental efforts go beyond "low hanging fruit" ideas
- Useful Lean Six Sigma Tools for the environment, such as 5S, Green Impact Matrix, SQDC and more!
I will add more modules (shown in curriculum) to this course over time, but wanted to get the first 3 sections posted now, so you can get started. If there are specific tools or concepts from the curriculum that you'd like me to work on next, let me know.
I help teach people how to use efficiency techniques to help reduce their impact on the environment and improve their local community. I have over 20 years experience as a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt and have spent the last 10 years applying these techniques to sustainability efforts at work and in the community.