The methods of Lean have become very popular in the business world, since it gained popularity in the 1980's.
Taking training can be expensive, and it can be hard to apply these methods at your company or place of work if you don't have support from your management.
This course is designed to teach you the most popular methods of Lean that you can apply at your home.
See some examples at LeanSixSigmaHomes.com
We will teach you:
- Identifying the 8 forms of waste in your home processes, such as how to apply these concepts to:
- getting ready for work
- getting ready for bed
- commuting to work
- mowing the lawn
- doing laundry
- paying bills
- making food in your kitchen
- and more...
- Saving time in your processes by collecting cycle time data and removing waste
- Organize your home using labels, color-coding and simplification
- Creating a checklist or document to keep your house in good working order
Lean tools and concepts taught include:
- Process mapping
- 8 wastes
- 5S workplace organization
- Error Proofing
- Documentation (checklists and SOP's)
- Emptying the dishwasher
- Making dinner
- Vacuuming the house
- Organizing your garage
- Making Mouthwash
If you take photos and document your application of the learning to your personal life, and submit to us for approval, then you will receive a "Lean at Home" certification
Want to check out 3 modules before signing up? Watch about 15 minutes below...
I help teach people how to use efficiency techniques to help reduce their impact on the environment and improve their local community. I have over 20 years experience as a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt and have spent the last 10 years applying these techniques to sustainability efforts at work and in the community.